- This event has passed.
SALDF New York Animal Law Symposium 2015
April 18, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Please join us for the first SALDF New York Regional Animal Law Symposium! Law professionals, law students, and members of the public are welcome to join us for this exciting event.
The symposium is presented by the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) chapters of Pace Law School, CUNY Law School, Columbia Law School, Yale Law School, and Brooklyn Law School. The main topic of the symposium is Ag-Gag Laws and Factory Farming, with many panels related to various aspects of this topic. In addition, there will be a bonus “Hot Topics in New York” panel, which will include presentations about Carriage Horses and Captive Exotics.
Panel Topics will Include:
– Environmental Impacts of Factory Farming
– Ag-Gag Impacts Beyond Animal Protection
– Recent Animal Protection Improvements in Factory Farming
– Current Trends in Ag-Gag Legislation
– Importance of Veganism
Currently Scheduled Speakers Include:
– Chris Green, Director of Legislative Affairs, ALDF
– Jeff Pierce, Litigation Fellow, ALDF
– Carney Anne Nasser, Legislative Counsel, ALDF
– Justin Marceau, Of Counsel, ALDF
– T. J. Tumasse, Manager of Investigations, ALDF
– Edita Birnkrant, Campaigns Director, Friends of Animals
– Stacey Evans, ALDF Board Member and Member of the USDA Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Animal Health
– David Cassuto, ALDF Board Member and Professor of Law at Pace Law School
– Suzanne McMillan, Content Director, Farm Animal Welfare Campaign, ASPCA
– David Wolfson, Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
– Kathleen Schatzmann, New Jersey State Director, HSUS
– Demosthenes Maratos, Communications Director, The Sustainability Institute at Molloy College
– Robin Helfritch, Director, Open the Cages Alliance
Space is limited! Register at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1364349
Please check our Facebook event page for the most up to date information about panels and speakers: https://www.facebook.com/events/343435589190374/.
Contact Name: Andrea Rodricks
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org