- This event has passed.
SALDF Chicago Animal Law Symposium 2015
April 4, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Chicago-Kent College of Law
565 West Adams Street
Registration for the 2015 SALDF Chicago Animal Law Symposium is now open.Register here! The symposium is presented by the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) Chapters of Chicago-Kent College of Law, DePaul University College of Law, The John Marshall Law School, Northwestern University School of Law, and the University of Chicago Law School.
Please join us for the first regional symposium of the Chicago-area Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (SALDF) chapters. Law professionals and students can expect an informative daylong CLE focused on hot topics and emerging issues in animal law, such as “ag gag” laws, the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA), developing issues in Illinois animal law, the convergence of food safety law and animal protection, and the problem of police shootings of companion animals. There will also be three opportunities to see the insightful new documentary film, “The Ghosts in Our Machine.”
Speakers and Panels Include:
- Keynote Address by Joyce Tischler, General Counsel and Founder of the Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Fighting Ag Gag and the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act – presented by Odette Wilkens, Executive Director of the Equal Justice Alliance andChris Green, Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Director of Legislative Affairs
- Dog Shootings by Police: Companion Animals & Law Enforcement– presented by Cherie Travis, Assistant General Counsel, Cook County Sheriff’s Office and Diane Balkin, Contract Attorney, Animal Legal Defense Fund Criminal Justice Program
- Animal Law in Illinois: Hot Topics and Emerging Issues – presentedAnna Morrison-Riccordati, Animal Law Attorney, AMR Law Group andCarney Anne Nasser, Legislative Counsel, Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Confronting Factory Farming through Food Saftey and Consumer Protection Litigation – presented by Chris Berry, Staff Attorney, Animal Legal Defense Fund Litigation Program and Kelsey Eberly, Litigation Fellow, Animal Legal Defense Fund Litigation Program
- Screenings of the documentary film The Ghosts in Our Machine
Contact Name: Chlesea McFadden
Contact Email: email@example.com