- This event has passed.
Public Debate: Defending human rights in a digital age
February 26, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Public Debate: Defending Human Rights in a Digital Age, Goldsmiths – Professor Stuart Hall Building, Room LG01: 5.30pm – 8.00pm
Watch live www.gold.ac.uk/live-stream or join in the debate on Twitter #netrightsGold
The panel is made up of representatives from international human rights HGOS, computer engineers and privacy (h)activists, legal experts, journalists, and critical internet governance scholars. The aim is to take stock from our respective points of view, and to consider together not only the practical and political challenges of defending human rights in a digital age but also what to do about it.
- Caspar Bowden, Independent Privacy Researcher
- Champa Patel, Amnesty International
- Sherif Elsayed-Ali, Amnesty International
- Becky Kazansky, Tactical Technology Collective
- Hanane Boujemi, Hivos International: MENA region
- Catherine Easton, University of Lancaster, Internet Rights and Principles Coalition
- Gavin McFadyen, Centre for Investigative Journalism Goldsmiths, University of London
- Marianne Franklin, Goldsmiths, University of London (Moderator)
Co-organized by the Global Media and Transnational Communications MA Program, School of Journalism’s Media Forum, and Radical Media Forum, Department of Media and Communication.