- This event has passed.
NDLI Nuts and Bolts of Leadership and Management
June 4, 2015 - June 6, 2015
Outstanding trial skills don’t automatically translate into outstanding managerial skills. A good trial lawyer can, however, learn skills to use in supervising colleagues and managing staff. The Nuts & Bolts training seminar, one part of the National Defender Leadership Institute, offers a unique opportunity for defender leaders to step away from their offices, learn these skills and apply them to their individual management challenges in a supportive learning environment. This June in South Carolina, our expert faculty will help each participant translate advocacy skills into effective management techniques.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Trial lawyers transitioning to management positions
- Experienced defender leaders who want to improve their managerial skills
- Other Supervisors in Defender offices (e.g. Social Workers, Investigators)
- All levels of supervisors, managers and directors of defender or assigned counsel programs, from any kind of indigent defense delivery system (i.e., state public defender systems, large urban defender offices, county defender systems, private law firms that contract for public defense cases, and local assigned counsel systems)
- Defenders interested in becoming managers